Monday 14 February 2011

Five Two - A good start to the season

"Getting rid of those first race nerves was top of my agenda today - the weather was appalling, my bike was still running simpley singlespeed and the track was fairly local and I was ready to see how winter training had gone for me. I was placed in the Over 30`s any bike category which comprimsied of 8 riders on BMX, Cruiser and me on a MTB. The competition was tight and boy did these guys know how to cut eachother up. In my motos I was gathering a whole bunch of 5th place finishes as my tactics in the race were not paying off at all - I adjusted my approach and decided the best way at this would be to get into the first berm as high up as possible and get through the jumps in front of a few more of the other guys. This simple move worked well and I came into the last straight just behind 3rd place - as i hunted him down through the last series of rhythm sections I just managed to take him on the line for 3rd place. Strength, recovery, sprints seem to have all been covered over winter and now the only thing remaining is my gate to work on - hopefully the training can kep improving for 2011 in the last few weeks as we approach round 1 of NPS 4x in April!"

John Lee
Manager and rider - Fivetwo Race Team
I - http://fivetworaceteam.weebly.com/index.html


No comments:

Post a Comment