Tuesday 2 October 2012

National Police Time Trial Champion




Well a great weekend of time trialling to bring my season to a close.

I travelled up to Ryton with a colleague from Sussex Police who is also a South Downs Bikes club member to compete in the National Emergency Services Time Trial Championships which consisted of two separate events. 10m on Saturday and 25m on Sunday.

It would be fair to say that the courses were not very flat and there was a large field with over 90 riders on the start sheet.

Riding my new Specialized S works shiv with Reynolds wheels I had two really good rides which resulted in me becoming the National Police 10 and 25m TT champion, adding two more national champs jerseys to my collection and some more trophies as per the picture below.

Lorna Dennison-Wilkins also rode well in her first national event having only started time trialling this summer. She placed 4th in the 10m event and is determined to get on the podium next year.

Also this weekend Fay Cripps traveled to Normandy to compete in a 2 up TT with her other half. They finished in a respectable 4th place behind some quality riders only 10s off 3rd place. This is supposed to b a great event and it will be in my diary for next year!

Marc



No comments:

Post a Comment