Tuesday 22 February 2011

Bernard takes Victory at 661 Mini DH !!

First ever race on the Phoenix DH and Bernard grabs first place! Here is a little write up from him on the days events;
Heard that there was a race on up at the forest of dean so loaded the Phoenix up and got on the road. I got up there on the sunday morning after staying a friends house the night before in cardiff to a damp and muddy track. Sounds like it was the worst thing missing the first day of practice as it was even worse apparently and the course was gradually drying! I was at the top for the beginning of practice and just started sectioning the course having so much fun on the new bike! I did my first run and came down into 2nd, I knew why as I got to the top early and was so cold for my run. I left It later and kept warm for my second one and had a nice smooth run down and really hammered the vault pedals at the bottom to put the fastest time of the day in and win the pro am category! Good day and good start thanks to Pivot cycles uk!




No comments:

Post a Comment