Tuesday 11 May 2010

Race report from Richard Allen – Oval sponsored athlete:



“REV3 Knoxville, an Olympic distance event and part of the big money, competitive REV3 series in the US. It's hard to race at the very top level again having come out of retirement! Racing so fast I seem to make mistakes.

I was feeling positive and strong but as I tried to unzip my suit the zip jammed and then broke. I think this was probably just bad luck but the speedsuit would not come off. I actually felt great on the hilly bike course and the Kestrel/Oval bike was awesome on the hills. I biked very well but was just too far off the pace after the transition disaster to be competitive. I came off the bike in 14th and although I ran ok, I stayed in 14th.

I have Orlando Ironman 70.3 this weekend and if I can minimize mistakes then I should have a strong race! Really looking forward to it!”



No comments:

Post a Comment